Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 5: I hate Wall Drug

Wall Drug is a drug store, restaurant, gift shop, museum, chapel, etc. all rolled into one in Wall, South Dakota. They are known for their bazillion billboards along highways in South Dakota and other neighboring states.

Blasting down the I-90 at 90 mph, that means I see a Wall Drug billboard every minute. It drove me nuts. Here's a small sample:




Still 30 miles from Wall Drug:













They even have a dinosaur?


I refuse to allow to let their annoying advertising tactics "get me". We did not stop at Wall Drug.

Not as ridiculous as these Wall Drug signs, though:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahaha!!!!! thanks for dropping in for me. figured you'd notice a billboard or a thousand as you headed east on I-90.

Billy said...

@alex: at least they're all different. gotta give them props for creativity, but seriously, a sign every 30 seconds for an hour is kind of excessive.