Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 7: Exploring Chicago

Blogging from: downtown Chicago, IL

We're taking a break from racing across the country and spent the day exploring Chicago.

Beautiful view of a parking garage from my motel room:


First stop: Sears Tower


The view from the 103th floor of Sears Tower is surprisingly good for an overcast day:


View to the North:


The Kansas Comet, one of my favorite football players of all time:


Chicago River:

Street view under the elevated loop:


The Navy Pier. This is way cooler than Fisherman's Wharf:


We took a double decker bus tour around Chicago:


Traffic light gets pretty close on the upper deck:


Buildings in front of Chicago River:


Elevated Loop:


Still on the double-decker bus tour:


Wendy doesn't look very happy:

You can take your yacht to the restaurant:


Millennium Park:


Cloud Gate / chrome bean in Millennium Park:


Cool reflections under the Cloud Gate:


Group shot. I wish we had more time to hang around here for more pictures.


Good bye, Cloud Gate:


Rock n' Roll McDonald's:


Hot dog for appetizer at Portello's:



Before heading next door to Gino's Pizza for dinner:


Heather falling asleep from the 45 minute wait:


Yen, Heather and Wendy being fobby:


I wish we had more time in Chicago. So many more places I want to visit! So many buildings to see! Museums to visit! Plays to watch! Games to go to!

In the immortal words of our Governator: "I'll be back."

Columbus tomorrow.

2 comments:

tumbalina3 said...

doesn't the double decker bus remind you of herng gong? ahhh, happy thoughts :)

Unknown said...

Wow I love the oppurtunity that we have now a days to pick and choose where we want to go from visually seeing everything on the web! I mean I am quite new to the whole blogging game, but its really fun and interesting! I mean look at what we run into?!?
Blogs like these that I just have to comment on! :)
Laser Hair Removal In Chicago